Seek and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. That’s pretty much how consultations go with Jeanine Groves, Learning Advisor at Strathfield College, with whom walk-ins are absolutely welcome! Academic support at Strathfield is available to students who may have concerns about their studies, work, and future career goals. Some of the topics that Strathfield’s Learning Advisor can help students with are:
- Improving English skills (speaking, listening, reading, writing, vocabulary & pronunciation)
- Brainstorming or editing assessment responses
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Brushing up on job-interview skills
- Discussing career and university options
- Working on applications for university- or work-related matters.
Jeanine shares, “The mission of the Learning Advisor is to ensure that all current Strathfield College students have access to quality academic support services such as consultations, interventions & workshops that will enable them to sustain and/or improve their language, vocational and study skills.” She also emphasizes the importance of enabling students to transfer these skills to other aspects of their lives.
Walk-in consultations are done throughout the term every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, from 2:30 PM to 4:40 PM, Room 409 at the Mary Street campus. Booking a slot is also accepted via sign-up sheets or by making an appointment directly with the Learning Advisor.