Australia has an efficient health care system which is subsidised by the Australian Government. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) provides insurance cover that permits you to use this system. Your health Cover covers a portion of the costs for any medical or hospital care you need while studying in Australia. It also provides part payment for most prescription drugs and emergency ambulance transport.

If you are an international student studying in Australia, you must purchase an approved OSHC policy from a registered health fund – before applying for your visa. You will also need to maintain OSHC throughout your stay in Australia.

You can find out more about the conditions of health coverage and about purchasing Overseas Student Health Cover at this website

Alternatively, the school can provide you with an OSHC. You can book this service when applying for your course.

Please click here for the list of direct billing doctors.

Please click here for BUPA OSHC brochure.

You can download the New Price list 2016 from here.

SC EditorOverseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)