- VET qualifications start at Certificate level and go up to Advanced Diploma and is studied over a six-month to a two-year period.
- Vocational training is generally more affordable than a bachelor’s degree and is considered a faster way to earn a qualification.
- Strathfield College’s VET programs are Australian recognised qualifications. Strathfield has in place, articulation agreements with some Australian universities which can serve as a pathway for progression from a vocational training program to a bachelor’s degree.
- A successfully completed qualification at Strathfield College may enable a student to receive Credit Transfers (CTs) which may reduce the time it takes to complete a bachelor’s degree.
Preparing you for a successful career in administrative roles.
Qualifications leading to a wide range of information and communications technology (ICT) positions
Providing you with the skills and knowledge required to manage strategic and operational areas of any given organisation.
Providing you with the knowledge and skills required to make you competent in a broad range of managerial skills in tourism operations.
International students wishing to undertake vocational education and training should be over 18 years of age and have completed Year 12 or equivalent plus any stated pre-requisites. If you are under 18 please contact our admissions on: firstname.lastname@example.org The English level required is IELTS 5.5 or equivalent. If you are unsure whether you meet the entry requirements, please contact the College for assistance.
Students who have successfully completed the General English (Upper Intermediate) course at select ELICOS providers will be eligible for direct entry into Strathfield College’s vocational education and training programs. Download the list here.
VET Placement Test:
For admission to Strathfield College’s VET programs, English language proficiency must be demonstrated by achieving the following minimum standards:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 500
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 5.5 (General Training) or equivalent.
- International Second Language Proficiency Rating (ISLPR) 3+.
If you cannot demonstrate any of these options you will need to take the VET Entry English Test to assess your English level.
Students have the option to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This involves the assessment of learning and experience against the requirements of qualification and removes the need for duplication of learning – this can save students time and money. For more information please refer to our Pre-enrolment handbook or contact us for more information.