Student Cancellation Policy
Refunds are only available under certain conditions. Should you wish to cancel your course and seek a refund the following conditions apply.
1. The request must be made in writing on a Refund Application Form which can be obtained from Student Services. The completed form should be forwarded to Student Services, Strathfield College, Level 4, 84-86 Mary Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010, Australia.
To assist the College you must clearly state the reasons for the refund request and supporting documentation must be supplied where applicable.
2. Strathfield College policy is that tuition fees, material fees, airport pick up and accommodation charges paid in advance are refunded in full within 28 days when: (a) the Student Visa Application is rejected in writing by an offshore Embassy / High Commission. If your visa is rejected by DIBP in Australia before your course start date you will be refunded in full less $330 administration charge.
3. Where Strathfield College is advised of your cancellation in writing 30 days or more prior to your course commencement date, tuition, materials and other fees paid to the college are refunded in full within 28 days less $330.00 administration charge.
4. Where Strathfield College is advised of your cancellation in writing less than 30 days prior to your course commencement date, tuition, materials and other fees are refunded in full within 28 days less $550.00 administration charge.
5. If you withdraw from a course due to failure to obtain a release letter tuition and material fees are refunded in full within 28 days less $330 administration charge.
6. If you withdraw from a course after commencing no refund can be given except in exceptional circumstances. For a packaged course the commencement date is the commencement date of the first course. See point 8 below.
7. If you fail to commence a course within one week after the course commencement date your agent will be notified, your CoE will be cancelled and materials and other fees paid to the College will be refunded in full within 14 days less $550.00 administration charge.
8. Where there are exceptional circumstances beyond your control such as illness or bereavement, application for an exceptional circumstances refund for illness or bereavement must be supported by Certified Documents such as a Doctor’s certificate and/or other relevant documents verifying the situation. Decisions regarding exceptional circumstances refunds are at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer. Please note that this does not apply where the Australian Government has cancelled a visa as a result of a breach of visa conditions or rejected a renewal of a visa.
9. Please note, the Accommodation Placement Fee (AUD200) and the non-refundable Deposit (AUD200) for issuing a provisional electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) are non-refundable under any circumstances.
10. Please see the Fees and Charges on this website on the Fees page.
11. Your notice of cancellation is not effective until Strathfield College, through the Registrar, receives a completed Strathfield College Refund Application Form with supporting evidence.
12. Course and other Fees are not transferable to another student or institution but may be transferred to another course within Strathfield College at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
13. All approved refunds are made payable to and sent to the student in Australian dollars. A refund calculation explanation as to how the refund was calculated will accompany the student refund payment.
14. Bank charges may be deducted for refunds made by bank draft or electronic transfer.
Strathfield College Default
In the event of a default by Strathfield College, students are entitled to a refund under the provision of the ESOS Act 2000 and ESOS Regulations 2001 in the following circumstances: Strathfield College (a) does not offer a course on the advertised start date; (b) terminates a course after the course start date and before the course completion date; or (c) does not provide a course as advertised, due to sanctions or circumstances beyond its control.
Strathfield College will pay a refund of the tuition fee (including any deposit) to the student within 14 days after the default date or offer an alternative course at another provider at no extra cost.
The written agreement between the student and the College and the appeals process do not remove the student’s right to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.